I haven't posted in a while now but the reason was the time required with the creation of an exciting new organisation I have the pleasure to be involved with. It's called The Analytics Institute (AI) [www.analyticsinstitute.org]. We've been working on it for a while now and this week we officially launched. See some coverage here on SiliconRepublic.com.
So what's it all about? At AI, our focus is to improve the world we live in using Advanced Analytics in resolving real world, critical problems.
A non-profit, AI collaborates with industry sponsors, public sector bodies, professionals and academics to transform the way organisations derive value from Analytics. By uniting these interest groups, the Analytics Institute collaborative network aims to optimise the business value of Analytics and Analytics Practices to enable better decision-making – so whether you want to know the best place to put a hospital, how to reduce risk, or how to help the planet - Advanced Analytics can help you do just that.
Established in 2009, the Analytics Institute has several key objectives
- Use Predictive Analytics to solve real world problems
- Secure AI as a global Centre of Excellence in Advanced Analytics
- Promote Analytics and prove its value to modern business and public sector organisations in improving efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop professional recognition programmes
- Optimise innovation and collaboration in education to improve Analytics