- Level 0: Outsourcing is not SaaS
- Level 1: Manual ASP business models target midsize companies
- Level 2: Industrial ASPs cut the operating costs of packaged applications to a minimum
- Level 3: Single-app SaaS is an alternative to traditional packaged applications
- Level 4: Business-domain SaaS provides all the applications for an entire business domain
- Level 5: Dynamic Business Apps-as-a-service is the visionary target
For more detailed information on each level take a look at this article from Microsoft.
Any company delivering SaaS services should know which level on the maturity model they are. This is also a useful tool for consultants advising SaaS companies or traditional software companies thinking about making a move into the SaaS field.
ZeroTouch IT Ltd